Thursday, June 18, 2009

Go Time!


Arrived in Sheridan, Wyoming just after lunch today after riding through some very dark and nasty clouds due south of Sheridan. It has reportedly been raining for two weeks straight in the mountains, so chances are the course is going to be pretty sloppy ... for everyone. Nothing to be done about that. We play with the hands we are dealt.

Been surprisingly nervous and fidgety for much of the day, and especially so at the race check-in. Right now, I just want to get running. I have run a total of eight miles all week, and haven't gone beyond a walk in two days. Legs feel good and rested, so I feel like I am ready to roll, despite a few last minute doubts in the back of my head.

Anyone interested in following the progress of runners during the day can, I think, do so at this link: http://www.elkhorn100.com/bighorn%20run/100-mile/2009%20100mile%20split%20times.htm. Looks like they will have live splits from five points along the course.

Let's do this thing!

3 comments:

  1. OH NO!!! Nick you have to race Davy Crocket King of the Wild Fronteir he has to be the favorite to win. LOL

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Nick! Hopefully you have a good run and have fun in the process (as fun as 100 miles can be anyway)

    Thanks for the link for results - this will certainly increase my productivity at work today.

    ReplyDelete